>   Actually it helps a little in that you can use the standard C library
> headers (e.g. to get wcslen) and then link with crtdll or msvcrt.

This is what I was wondering; given that they expect wchar_t* and Winelib
uses WCHAR* I assumed the headers would be useless.

>   But the libc C still expect 4byte Unicode chars and I don't expect
> this to change anytime soon. It would require two implementations of
> each Unicode function which means two versions of the library.

I think this sounds the end of the idea of the 3 crt scenarios
(ms/libc/mixed) that were discussed before, for all but the most trivial
apps. What is left is ms and mixed, where mixed still uses modified headers
but uses the ignore directive in the apps .spec file to link to the libc
implementation where desired (and where not already specified in
msvcrt.spec).

Cheers,
Jon

--
"Once you realise you're not _meant_ to fit in, it all makes sense..."
[EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED]