On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:19:32PM +0100, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2009/1/26 Paul TBBle Hampson <paul.hamp...@pobox.com>:

>>> I'm not sure we want to implement vertex blending in software in the
>>> first place (rather than through a shader), but you can't just add a
>>> bitfield here without changing the padding.

>> I can't speak towards the bitfield part, but implementing vertex
>> blending in software will magically make a few games (two that I know
>> of, Warhammer Online and Everquest) work without patching, and without
>> passing through drawStridedSlow.

> Sure, but so does just faking the device caps.

I don't see that as having a chance of making it into the Wine tree.

This patch, on the other hand, isn't actually a nasty case-specific
hack.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
paul.hamp...@pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/