From: "Craig Carr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 2:28 PM
Subject: [WinPcap-users] Winpcap 3.0 lockup.

Sorry if this type of question has been asked before...but here goes.
We have written a audio recording package, using winpcap 3.0, the basic
source is

while(true)
{
if ((res = pcap_next_ex(adhandle_, &header, &pkt_data)) <= 0)
    {
        //Winpcap error
        switch(res)
        {
        case 0:
            if (timeout_counter == 0)
            {
                LOG_0("WinIpCapture::Capture, pcap_next_ex, timeout");
            }
            break;
        case -1:
            LOG_0("WinIpCapture::Capture, pcap_next_ex, error occurred");
            break;
        case -2:
            LOG_0("WinIpCapture::Capture, pcap_next_ex, EOF was reached
reading from an offline capture");
            break;
        }
    }
    else
{
        //Log that we got a udp packet
        if (log_counter == 0)
        {
            LOG_0("WinIpCapture::Capture, processing raw packet");
        }
  //Do stuff with the packet.....
}
}

The opening of the adapter is a copy and paste of the examples in the
documentation.
This application ran for months in house, when it was put on a client site
the application does not last more than a couple of days.
At first I thought it could be hardware related, so we put the original
machine out on site, same behavior.
It does not seem to be stress related, as it the application can last
anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days.
>From what I can see in the application log, the call from pcap_next_ex never
returns. No exceptions are thrown by the packet processing code.

Can anybody suggest where to start looking?, has anybody seen similar
behavior?

Thank you in advance.

Craig.

 mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]