Hi,

I'm having some difficulty with a particular problem:

I want to be able to monitor tcp packets flowing through a tcp port in a pc (running windows xp or 2003), but I am not concerned about traffic through the ethernet adapter.

Example - A process abc.exe is listening on port n. Some other process connects to the port either from the same machine or another machine. I want to be able to monitor the coversation by attaching somehow to the port n.

Is this pissible? If so, can you help me with some clues?

Thanks much,
Kev Ward.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I'm having some difficulty with a particular problem:

I want to be able to monitor tcp packets flowing through a tcp port in a pc (running windows xp or 2003), but I am not concerned about traffic through the ethernet adapter.

Example - A process abc.exe is listening on port n. Some other process connects to the port either from the same machine or another machine. I want to be able to monitor the coversation by attaching somehow to the port n.

Is this pissible? If so, can you help me with some clues?

Thanks much,
Kev Ward.

--- End Message ---