On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 14:18:34 +0200,
 Julian Orth <ju.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

wg set <device> transit-net <pid|file-path>

The distinction is made based on the format of the argument. If it is an
unsigned 32 bit integer, then it is interpreted as a process id.
Otherwise it is interpreted as a file path. /proc does not need to be
mounted to use the process id interpretation. To force the
interpretation as a file-path, use a ./ prefix.

Ambiguity is generally not a good idea (especially for security applications). It's not my decision, but I'd rather see the syntax make it clear what the type of the parameter is supposed to be.