> Date:    Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:33:20 -0500
> From:    Keith Moores <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: WIRELESS-LAN [Another RADIUS Question (802.1x)]
>
> We are running 12.3(4)JA...  but we also run 12.2(15)XR2 on our older
> 350 APs, we haven't had a problem with Apple clients before.
>
> The problem we are having only occurs with the MacBook Pro's "AirPort
> Extreme" card (its probably an intel wireless chipset), not the
> original AirPort Extreme card (broadcom chipset) that the PowerPC
> Macs use.  The problem only appears for networks using 802.1X WEP
> encryption, no encryption or WPA (802.1X TKIP) work fine for the
> MacBook Pro.
>
> Our APs encrypted VLAN accepts the following Authentication methods:
> -Open Authentication + EAP
> -Network EAP

This sounds suspiciously similar to our Apple problems with 12.3(4)JA.
I dug up the email from our Cisco engineer that put us on the right
path.  I'd suggest that you try IOS 12.3(7)JA2 and see if the problem
persists.

Email from Cisco (8-15-05):

--
Earl Barfield  --  Academic & Research Technologies / Information Technology
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]