Hi Lee,

Before we went with 11n, we briefly looked at WiMax, and Frank was
right.  In order to have 1000+ simultaneous clients, it would have taken
many "towers" which was a huge investment, and the actual speeds (at any
realistic distances) were slower than 11a/g.

It really wasn't a realistic option for us in terms of cost and
performance.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see LTE being the dominant
MAN solution a few years down the road, with the backing of AT&T and
Verizon.

Take care,

Matt Barber

Network Analyst / PC Support