Guessing by the size of most institutions on this listserv, WiMAX at its
highest speed, 75 Mbps, would not be enough.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Gracie
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 10:44 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 11n/WiMax

Frank Bulk - iNAME wrote:
> WiMAX is a MAN solution will generally offer lower throughput than
> 802.11n.  It's generally not a good enterprise fit.

It sure does look interesting as a secondary/backup Internet connection,
though. An additional path without laying additional redundant fiber?
Sign me up!

Is anyone using a WiMax connection in this way? I haven't seen anything
locally, but Buffalo isn't generally on the cutting edge for this sort
of thing.

--Matt

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-8378
Information Security Administrator  [EMAIL PROTECTED]