One benefit of N is improved radio performance thanks to more antennas
and MIMO, even with legacy clients. Especially in difficult buildings,
with a lot of cast concrete utility chases and such this can be pretty
helpful, based on our testing. That being said, in Cisco-land we can
buy about three 1131 ABG APs for the price of one 1141 ABGN AP, not to
mention the gig (or gig PoE) expense. If controller capacity, wiring
and maintenance costs aren't a problem, density may be a better
solution at the present. It really depends on your particular
situation and management's policy.

--
Toivo Voll
Network Administrator