If you don't use WZC, what supplicant is used in your client base?

Frank

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Charles Bisel
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 10:35 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Transitioning to dot1x

True, WZC doesn't support CCKM, however unless I missed something, I don't
recall Bob mentioning a specific supplicant.  Clients who use WZC (why
anyone would is beyond me) will still be able to connect without issue, as
it is considered "optional" on the WLAN.

  _____

Charles Bisel
IT Operations
Bayer Business and Technology Services LLC
100 Bayer Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
PHONE 412.778.1268
FAX     412.778.1299
EMAIL  <mailto:charles.bi...@bayerbbs.com> charles.bi...@bayerbbs.com
WEB    <http://www.bayerus.com/> http://www.bayerus.com

  _____

"Johnson, Bruce T" <bjohns...@partners.org>
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>

02/19/2009 11:20 AM

Please respond to
The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>

WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

cc

Subject

Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Transitioning to dot1x

Charles,

CCKM is supplicant-dependent (via Intel PROSet or other hardware client
utility).  Native Windows WZC won't support this.  You'll need WPA2.

Bruce T. Johnson | Network Engineer | Partners Healthcare
Network Engineering | 617.726.9662 | Pager: 31633 | bjohns...@partners.org |

149 13th Street, 10th Floor, Mailstop 10055B, Charlestown, Ma  02129

  _____