We are experiencing a problem in our dorm where one wireless user will
use all of the Available bandwidth on an 802.11g Autonomous AP's radio.
We are currently using a Bluecoat Packeteer packet shaper to shape
traffic at the Internet. The problem I have seen is with user on-line
backups, either to a Time Capsule (student moved a terabyte of data in a
month) or to (mozy, Backblaze, etc.). We receive complainants that the
Internet is slow. I am new to setting up QoS on cisco devices.

Is there a way of limiting through QoS on an AP, so that if a student is
using all of the radio's bandwidth other users using the same AP have a
fair share of bandwidth?

I would prefer not to rip and replace our 802.11g APs for 802.11N APs.

Any other ideas are welcomed.

Nicholas Urrea

Information Technology

UC Hastings College of the Law