From: Harry Rauch <rauc...@eckerd.edu<mailto:rauc...@eckerd.edu>>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:28:35 -0500
To:
"WIRELESS-LAN@listserv.educause.edu<mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@listserv.educause.edu>"
<WIRELESS-LAN@listserv.educause.edu<mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@listserv.educause.edu>>
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Mac wireless USB adapters

I would look at Amazon they seem to have a number of USB adapters for Mac in
all price ranges

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Courtney, Mike
<mcourt...@wlu.edu<mailto:mcourt...@wlu.edu>> wrote:
All,

>From time to time we have students and faculty dropping by our Help Desk
>saying that the wireless does not work. Often, the users' machines can not
>connect to our secure or open networks. It would be nice to have a backup
>option for these users and also prove that they are having a hardware issue.

I'm looking for a recommendation on a Mac wireless USB adapter that can perform
802.1X EAP-PEAP?

I've tried a couple of wireless USB adapters that support 802.1X… unfortunately
the fine print did not state "for Windows only."

Thanks for any help that you can offer – it is much appreciated!

-Mike

--
Mike Courtney
Network Manager