We are up against the same issues.  I've been playing around with Aerohive APs
to get the small "one off" solutions for a few classrooms around campus.  We
decided to use 2 APs per classroom and turn off the radios.  One AP lives on
the wired segment to propagate the AppleTV to the wireless vlan where the other
AP lives (radios are turned off).  So, basically we just use the bonjour
gateway functionality.  We are still figuring out scalability issues, but for a
few situations, this might get us by for a little while.  We are also on the
list to test AirGroup from Aruba as soon as we can get our hands on it.