I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics things to request from Apple, but here is a
first pass):

Whereas, we the undersigned academic and research institutions are receiving
numerous requests from our faculty, staff, and students for the ability to
utilize Airplay technology in classrooms, conference rooms, and other
locations, hereby solemnly request that Apple provide support for Airplay
technology in enterprise wireless networks.

Specifically, we request the following (in order of priority):

  *   That Apple establish a way for the Apple TV (and other Airplay enabled
devices) to be discoverable across multiple IPv4 and IPv6 subnets or lacking
that:
  *   That Apple establish a way for the Apple TV (and other Airplay enabled
devices) to be easily statically configured to be accessible across multiple
IPv4 and IPv6 subnets
  *   That the Apple TV support Enterprise Wireless Encryption and
Authentication (WPA2-Enterprise)
  *   That authentication to the Apple TV be able to utilize enterprise
authentication services (LDAP and/or AD)

Failure to provide this support severely limits the usefulness (and
desirability) of Apple products in our institutions.

At your earliest convenience please provide us with a roadmap for support of
Airplay and related technologies in enterprise wireless environments.

Thank you.

--
Neil Johnson
Network Engineer

Whereas, we the undersigned academic and research institutions are

receiving numerous requests from our faculty, staff, and students for the

ability to utilize Airplay technology in classrooms, conference rooms, and

other locations, here by solemnly request that Apple provide support or