Stay tuned.

Thanks.
-Neil

On Jul 11, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Jesse Rink wrote:

So for those of us without Facebook, no way of signing it?

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:14 AM
To:
WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU<mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Apple Petition- Mid-Week Sanity Check

Folks,

Those interested seem to agree that we’d discuss specific pain points regarding
“those other” Apple devices like AppleTv and any AirPlay/Bonjour-dependent
gadgets until Friday, at which point we’d firm up the petition and find a place
to host it. Then would come signatures, and ultimately presenting it to Apple,
possibly via each of our Apple reps.

Neil Johnson has started the companion Facebook group, and has drafted the
early version of what everyone appears to want from Apple development in
petition form at https://www.facebook.com/groups/enterpriseairplay with 72
members joining thus far. (Thanks, Neil)

We have at least one CIO interested, and interested in sharing it with other
CIOs via Educause if petition is done in a constructive, fact-based way.

We also have a bit of media coverage coming soon on the process, with
potentially more to follow.

A lot of excellent technical discussion has been spawned during all of this,
and as usual, the interaction has been great between list members.

All of that being said, it is worth asking:

•         Is the group still feeling good about the direction this initiative
is going in?
•         Does anyone have any problems with the wording and points in the doc
so far?
•         Is everyone interested able to sign on behalf of their
institution/organization? If not, can you get empowered or find someone who can
sign?
•         Has anyone else approached senior IT management and found interest?
Any other CIOs game at this point?
•         Any other mid-week thoughts, concerns, comments on the topic?

Regards-

Lee Badman

Neil Johnson
Network Engineer