Hi Lee and others,

I have done a POC with them and because of that I am currently with them doing
an optimization of our WLAN. I am very positive about these guys, they know
WiFi inside out, are vendor neutral and have a hands-on, pragmatic approach.

Best Regards, Kees Pronk

Netwerk admin & engineer

Avans Hogeschool
Diensteenheid ICT en Facilitaire Dienst (DIF) - ICT-Beheer

Bezoekadres:
Hogeschoollaan 1, Kamer HG204
4818 CR  Breda

Postadres:
Postbus 90116
4800 RA Breda

E: cl.pr...@avans.nl
T: 076-5238054

>>> Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu> 31-5-2013 21:25 >>>
Hello to the group,

I know that this has been discussed before, but I'm coming back around to it.
I'm intrigued by 7signal.com and see attractive aspects to their approach, but
find myself struggling with:

*       Pricing- Seems incredibly expensive

*       What's really being delivered- we are a CleanAir environment, so much
of 7Signal would be duplicitous in function, and so far I can't tell all what
one is delivering that the other leaves out

*       What 7Signal expects you to do to optimize- there are locations where
APs cannot be moved, there are groups of clients that you are likely not going
to easily pin down for driver updates, etc, and only so many system settings
you can tweak without creating other issues

*       Deployment model- given that Eyes themselves need to be cabled, it's
not exactly easy in all cases to deploy them and there is no radio backhaul
option

All of my cynicism aside- is anyone on the list a 7signal user? Any
testimonials or thoughts?

Thanks very much-

Lee Badman
Syracuse University