We are running RADIATOR  on Windows Boxes (long story).

The boxes are configured with 6 "child" processes and 1 "parent" process.

The "parent" process uses <AuthBy EAPBALANCE> to distribute the EAP
authentications across the "child" processes.

Using EAPBALANCE insures that each EAP conversation makes it to the same
"child" process.

It seems to work pretty well. We could probably handle more "child" processes
on the dedicated boxes we use.

The heavy lifting is done in the "child" processes. They share the same single
configuration file.

The only drawback is that, on windows, you have to manually restart all 7
processes when you change your RADIUS configuration.

Here is what the Handler section  for the "parent" process looks like:

<Handler>
<AuthBy EAPBALANCE>
   # Pass Client-Indentfier as a RADIUS attribute to child processes
            # So that the child process knows what NAS client the request came
from
            # Useful for selecting a Handler based on NAD client

   AddToRequest OSC-Client-Identifier=%{Client:Identifier}
FailureBackoffTime 15
<Host 127.0.0.1>
Secret Secret
AuthPort 11812