From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Julian Y Koh
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 10:56 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] How many drops 802.11ac phase 2

On Feb 9, 2014, at 02:29 , Ian McDonald <i...@st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:

> Design guides now are indicating an access point in every other room.
Where is all this bandwidth meant to go?

Isn't this more being driven by supplying a reliable signal/coverage area
especially as client device density goes up and even more especially in
construction settings where propagation is challenging?

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/> PGP Public