Hi Chris,
Yes, we've had some experience at Michigan Stadium.  In my experience, the
video, not the Wi-Fi, will take a hit.  For several years we've run two
separate wireless HD cameras, one on the field and one in the stands.
 These cameras feed both the scoreboard and the broadcast networks.  The
field cam usually performs well, but the crowd cam will hang and pixelate
at times - not the broadcast quality we're looking for.  I've been
encouraging athletics to use different frequencies, and I finally convinced
them to change last year when I took my spectrum analyzer and followed the
crowd cam.  I found noticeable interference caused by the ocean of
smartphones and the crowd cam is right in the thick of it.  ( I expected to
see this in 2.4, but I was pretty surprised how much activity there was in
5GHz.).   So far the cam on the field isn't impacted, but we see wireless
technologies on the field changing quickly, so it may not stay that way
long.  I doubt either one would work if we install Wi-Fi in the bowl.

Fortunately we can simply (but not cheaply) swap the radios on the camera.
 We're in the process of switching to a licensed 6-7GHz radio, but the
company does offer several options.  I can put you in touch with our
equipment rep if you're interested.

We use Nucomm Cameras with the campac2  radios.
   http://www.imt-broadcast.com/campac2
   "The currently available bands are 1.99 to 2.70 GHz , 3.4 to 3.6Ghz, 5.7
to 5.9Ghz and 6.4 to 7.75 GHz. Other bands are available upon request"

We have dual band Wi-Fi in the pressbox and the skyboxes and it isn't
impacted by the cameras, even with the antenna for the cameras just one
level below.  I think the antenna is receive only, but if the cameras are
powerful enough reach it, they also reach the APs / user space.  In 5GHz
you may have enough channels to reserve one for the camera either way.
Good luck,
Tim

Tim Callahan
University of Michigan, ITS
Spectrum Manager, Lead Mobility and Wireless Engineer
E: tcal...@umich.edu or frequenc...@umich.edu
O:734-763-9640