From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Philippe Hanset
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:35 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 6-month follow-up to Marriott/FCC Wifi blocking
stories

Lee,

I just read your Open Letter. Good work. Thank you.

One question that I have for future reference is:

“What constitutes blocking?”

You mention White Noise or Frame manipulation…

What if building owners have frequency blocking material as part of the design
of the building.

This could be considered passive blocking as opposed to white noise or frame
manipulation but it is blocking regardless.

We might want to know the FCC point of view on this before we create “wave free
classrooms”!

Best,

Philippe

Philippe Hanset