I agree with Jeremy. For an operator, small cell may mean WiFi or usage
of high frequencies (e.g., LTE on 2,6Ghz band) in densed city areas.
WiFi calling is not restricted to the iphone6 that has it build-in (does
not require an app but only 5% of the perople own one); it is also
offered by apps (e.g. SpectrumMax) that allow  users to be reached by
their phone number while they are connected to WiFi. They probably
target prepaid users. The challenge is battery. If these apps demand
WiFi to be active all the time to be reachable, the day may end earlier
than the battery of your phone lasts.
-Frans