We haven't had an Echo show up, at least as far as I know.  Our how-tos are on
our Jenzabar-driven portal, so they aren't exactly normal files I can email.  I
have a printable handout that we leave in all residence hall rooms at the
beginning of fall semester, but it is light on illustrations in order to keep
the length (and expense) down.  I also haven't added in the latest items that
we've had show up this year.  Need to do that before fall....

As far as the ongoing discussion on the subject of open vs. closed networks, my
input is that our students pay to be on our network and deserve our best
efforts in providing them with the best possible service in terms of speed and
a smooth experience.  We invested a lot of money in ClearPass, in wireless APs
and other hardware and in bandwidth to make it that way.  Everyone else, be
they neighbors or transients through the area, did not pay to be on our
network.  They may pay for their own, just as I do.

Bill Seward   |   Director of Information Technology

Office of Information Technology
P.O. Box 960   |   48380 US Hwy 52
Misenheimer, NC  28109
Office  704-463-3066   |   Fax  704-463-1363
pfeiffer.edu<http://www.pfeiffer.edu/>   |
facebook.com/PfeifferUniversity<http://www.facebook.com/pfeifferuniversity>   |
  @Pfeiffer1885<http://www.twitter.com/pfeiffer1885>
instagram/PfeifferUniversity  <http://www.instagram.com/pfeifferuniversity>  |

youtube.com/PfeifferUniversity<http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClrggh7TvtboLiHdS-kKHzQ>

For assistance with an IT-related issue, call Tech Support at 704-463-3002 or
email us at techsupp...@pfeiffer.edu
[advancement:public:GARY:stationary:Pfeiffer BB color logo email sig
logo.jpg]<http://www.pfeiffer.edu/>

This email, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company
named and may contain legally privileged information. Unauthorized disclosure,
copying or use of this information is prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and
delete the original message.