Brian,

    We are a bradford shop and are migrating to clearpass.  We used the
bradford for registration or our resnet as well
as our wireless gaming network.  It worked ok, but my major issues with it
were..

1. Bradford is designed around vlan switching, moving ports from one vlan to
the other.  Vlan switch is labor/process
intensive to setup/run because it needs to know about every switch, needs to
know about every link change and needs to
talk to every switch.

2. Bradford is not flexible when it comes to passing back radius attributes.
For example you can pass back only one
attribute, interface-name I think.  You can not do multiple.

3. Bradford is not flexible about registration, the device needs to be on the
network in order to register.  User admin
of registration does not exists.

We moved to clearpass for our wirelesss network and it is just a much more
flexible system.  It can do almost anything,
very customizable.  Our main driver was dorm Ap's.  By moving to dorm ap's
(every other room) we are putting half our
wired ports through the aruba system.  To get the same look and feel from a
user perspective both wired and dorm ap
wired need to be off the same system.  We moved away from vlan switching to
802.1x/mac off on the dorm ap's and a inline
system for the rest of the wired ports.   Eventually we are moving to
802.1x/mac off for everything, away from vlan
switching.  Besides the same look and feel, it gives us a much more flexible
registration system and a very nice "my
devices" portal so users can manage their own registrations.

I can give more specifics if you need it.