Long email.  Condensed version - how are people mounting Aruba AP's to hard
ceilings (cement decking or sheetrock) to keep them as low profile as possible?

We just completed installing a couple hundred Aruba AP315's in two res halls.
The locations were mostly hard (concrete deck) ceilings, so cabling was piped
to the locations with gangboxes at the end.  We then used the Aruba
AP-220-MNT-W1W
(https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510I%2Bz5YykL.jpg) mounts on
the gang boxes.  This works, but I'm not thrilled with how far the AP's sit
from the ceiling.

Aruba also makes a secure mount (AP-220-MNT-W2 --
https://webobjects2.cdw.com/is/image/CDW/3357117?$product-main$ ) which is only
slightly (<1/8") lower .. and are $40 more expensive :/

The units came with 2 mounts for drop ceilings - to attach to the ceiling grid
(https://www02.cp-static.com/objects/medium_pic/f/f14/1349706931_wall-ceiling-mounts-accessories-aruba-a-hewlett-packard-enterprise-company-220-series-access-point-mount-kit-ceiling-grid-ap-220-mnt-c2.jpg)
 .  These mounts do not have enough real estate on them to attach to gang
boxes, but they are very compact.  So..

1)      The AP315's are our first Aruba AP's in about 10 years.  Are there
other mounts available (possibly for other Aruba lines) that are lower profile
and will work with the 315's?  Incidentally, the AP-220-MNT-W2 is just shy of
3.4cm high; the W1W is just proud of 3.5cm and the ceiling-grid mounts are
~1.3cm.  The mounting points ("hooks") are set at 7.5cm's, with a small 5mm
"post" halfway between.

2)      How are people mounting their Aruba AP's?

Just a side note, I don't use the ceiling grid mounts, even on drop ceilings.
Mounting to the grid is taboo when working with architects (it "interrupts the
aesthetics of the visual line").  They also make it difficult to access above
the tiles by blocking 2 or more tiles and they don't work well if the tiles sit
below the grid.  Instead, we use a wall mount (like the W1W) in the center of a
ceiling tile and back the tile with a 2' piece of aluminum stud for support.

Here are two photos of actual installations:
Hard ceiling: http://i66.tinypic.com/72vn9e.jpg
Drop ceiling: http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmee4p.jpg

Thanks!

Oh, and I have to do a little marketing .. if you haven't registered for the
upcoming Annual Conference in Anaheim .. WHY!?  It's a great conference for
networking with peers, and the CG sessions (Wireless-LAN and NETMAN) are well
worth attending.  Disneyland is right across the street from the conference
center, so bring the family.

-Brian