All,

We have recently acquired a new building and have started renovations on it. In
the network plan I have included the light poles in the parking as part of the
wireless and security camera infrastructure. I recently found out that the
majority of light poles have some kind of AC or DC output to allow other
devices to be attached (such as cameras or speakers). I found a couple of Cisco
outdoor wireless access points that accept that DC input.

We haven't implemented yet but I'll let you know how it goes. In short, it does
seem like a good idea to take advantage of the poles. In particular, it makes
adding security cameras and wifi in the parking lot easier.

Phil Kono
Network Engineer
Art Center College of Design