From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> on behalf of Thomas Carter
<tcar...@austincollege.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 1:39 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Captive portal trouble with LG phones

We use PacketFence as our NAC and have a captive portal to allow users to
self-register their devices. In the past couple of weeks we’ve had problems
with the latest LG phones (other Androids work fine) disconnecting in the
middle of a captive portal session; it won’t stay connected long enough to
register the device. It seems similar to the old Apple “success.html” test for
internet connectivity, but I haven’t been able to determine if that is the
case. Has anyone else seen this issue with new LG phones?

Thomas Carter
Network & Operations Manager / IT
Austin College
900 North Grand Avenue