From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Wilkinson, Doug
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:52 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] support of L2 peering devices?

We use our guest SSID for devices that rely on bonjour with airgroups
enabled.  Multicast overall is disabled, airgroups handles any bonjour
communication.  We use larger /18 nets mainly to facilitate roaming.
Airgroups doesn't care what subnet you are on.  Devices on our secure SSID
can talk to the guest SSID through airgroups.

This past fall, we also enabled the use of fingerprinting to allow certain
classes of devices to automatically get onto our guest network without MAC
registration (eg. printers, roku, appleTV, etc).  We do have clearpass in
the mix as well.

--Doug

Doug Wilkinson
Associate Director, Network Technology Group

Computing and Information Services

Brown University
--

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Tim Tyler <ty...@beloit.edu