On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Joachim Tingvold <joac...@tingvold.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does these do any kind of “give network to the three local ethernet ports
> via the WLCs”? (i.e. that traffic from clients, connected to the wired
> ports, isn’t terminated locally?). And does it do some kind of 802.1x on
> those wired ports? Couldn’t find anything in the data sheet or on Google
> confirming/denying such features.
>
> --
> Joachim

I've not tried the 303H yet, but on the AP-205H, there are three active
ports on the bottom, and each can configured independently, either to
tunnel wired traffic back to the wireless controller, or to bridge to a
VLAN on the local switch port, (with the switch's port configured as a
"trunk" port with tagged VLANs for the wired traffic). You also specify
each port as either "trunk" or "access", and which VLANs are available, and
which is the untagged or "native" VLAN. (This is all specified on the
Mobility Controller via the "Configuration > AP Configuration > AP group >
Edit (group) > AP" section, using the "Ethernet Interface" config and a
"Wired AP" config).

Also, assuming that your switch provides POE AT to the AP-205H, then the e3
port on the bottom can output POE AF, e.g. a single wall jack powers the
AP, and then the AP's e3 POE port can power a desk VoIP phone, and if the
VoIP phone has an expansion port as well, you can plug a desktop into that.

There is also one "passthrough" port which is a straight physical
connection from a jack on the back of the AP to the leftmost jack on the
bottom of the AP. This is helpful if you are mounting the AP on a wall
plate that had two ethernet ports. Then you can plug one into the AP, and
have the other come out the bottom as a standard wired port; where we had
two jacks available, using the passthrough is a simpler config on the wired
switch ports.

We found it helpful to plug port locks into the unused ports on the bottom
of the AP, e.g. so that we don't get people complaining about the
non-working, unconnected, passthrough port at locations where there was
only a single ethernet jack.

To do these extra settings, we've split our 205H APs into different AP
groups that the surrounding ceiling-mounted APs, so that the extra port
config stuff doesn't conflict with the eth1 config of any of our AP-225s.
But I believe that if either you don't use eth1 on any existing APs, or if
you don't need e1 on the AP-205H, you could have one group do both kinds of
APs.

Steve Bohrer
IT Infrastructure, Emerson College