Hi,

We are actually improving our guest experience, and what I thought of is the
following: “we use Cisco Equipment’s”:

-          Would give up my guest SSID through ISE. As still there is no
feature to increase the idle timeout on the WLC “like the sleeping client”
which will stop users from complaining about the constant login once they go
idle “”especially iPhone that turns off WiFi after sometime when its on the
lock screen!!””…I know that I can increase the idle timeout, but that would
prevent getting real client count from the WLC and PI and might affect the
client WLC DB.

-          Would use simple AUP guest SSID with sleeping client timer of 1-4
days.

-          Won’t use bandwidth limit…the internet link is good.

-          802.11ac 80Mhz or 40Mhz based on the location of the event.

-          Survey..survey..survey..before the event to check everything.

Yahya Jaber.
Sr. Wireless Engineer
IT Network & Communications – Engineering
Building 14, Level 3, Rm 308-WS07
KAUST 23955-6900 Thuwal, KSA

Email yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa<mailto:yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa>
Office +966 (0) 12 8081237
Mobile +966 (0) 558697555
On Call Rotation Mobile: +966 54 470 1177