OK then.

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Jeffrey D. Sessler
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:32 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco - Field Notice - 70253 - Wireless Client
Fails to Associate: AID Error

Here is my counter to your statement Lee:

Until I joined my neighborhood Nextdoor app, I had no idea that people were
getting their mail stolen, animals taken by coyotes and mountain lions,
unlocked cars ransacked, and so on. As I studied this, I realized that I was
now seeing a small number of posts from a pool of nearly 12,000 members in the
neighborhoods I was now connected to. I also noticed that the posts heavily
skewing toward issues/problems vs positives. In my twenty years living in my
neighborhood, I've never experienced one of these issues. Life is great,
ignorance is bliss, and I'm not going to concern myself with a problem that
appears to impact one tenth of one percent of the neighborhood population.

You see, the Nextdoor Neighborhood app, like this forum, hyper-focuses on
problems from a small subset of a vendor's overall installed base. It's not
like people show up here and post a "best practice" for setting up a given
technology/feature or talk about how awesome a new piece of tech is. It's a
place to share and seek answers to problems, and like the Nextdoor app, it's
sometimes difficult to believe that "life is great" for the vast majority of
people.

Jeff

On 8/23/18, 6:32 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
on behalf of Lee H Badman" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU on behalf of
lhbad...@syr.edu> wrote:

    One thing that Cisco has in its favor (my theory): most struggling
customers don't know the scale of the code problems because they don't really
talk to other customers. This list aggregates the pain and lays it bare for all
to see, and it's very concerning.  I'd love to see AireOS scrapped, personally.
And a new management option for those of us who don't want hyper-bloated
"unified" whatever. I don't know what would come next, but stability and
reliability needs to be moved way, way up the priority list.

    -Lee