Hi Chintin,

For our pod-style res halls, we have two network drops per room. We use
Aruba hospitality APs and we place them every other room and in the common
room. So if you are in a room with an AP, you still have 2 network drops
(pretty much only used by gaming rigs at this point).

ajs

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:46 AM Chintan Patel <chintan.pa...@colostate.edu>
wrote:

> Morning,
>
> We are in process of building new residence halls (3 buildings) with
> Pod-style rooms. Pod-style concept is new to us and I wanted some feedback
> from anyone who currently has these living spaces. I will be leading the
> Network and Wireless planning for the residence halls.
>
> Below are couple of my questions:
>
> 1. In Pod-style rooms - are you providing hard-wired data?
> 2. Wireless planning - any issues and/or challenges in wireless coverage?
> We currently use Aruba. Are you using "H" style hospitality WAPs?
>
> If you have any additional feedback and/or are willing to share the good,
> bad...... etc - please send me an email.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chintan Patel
> Network/Systems Team
> Colorado State University - Housing and Dining Services
> Ph:970-491-1041

*Tony Skalski*
System Administrator | IT

*Office: *507-786-3227 <(507)786-3227>
1510 St. Olaf Avenue Northfield, MN 55057
stolaf.edu