Is your backend (controllers - Radius) all jumbo frame clean?  We've seen issues
with large EAP-TLS packets getting fragmented.

We also had a specific OS8 release bug affecting AP-515s specifically, but it seems like we're in perpetual bug-chasing mode so I can't recall what version that was.
(Probably 8.5 something)

(edit: I just saw the 8.5.0.13 in the subject.   You may have to move away from that..)