From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Waverider 900 mhz throughput

I take it from this post regarding Canopy that the other systems you
tested were not as much speed? Waverider has more aggregate throughput
than what each client individually will get because of polling. So maybe
three Waverider clients running at full speed could be the same as
Canopy aggregate? I just don't know. I do believe that Waverider
aggregate max is about 3 meg per sector.

If you want to compare then let us see what you have seen for all the
systems you have tested. Let's compare apples to apples.  Canopy allows
one single client to use full aggregate speed while Waverider does not
as far as I know. I believe this is a matter of design choice and not a
limitation in Waverider. I could be wrong but I am certain I was told
this by Waverider representatives in the past. I welcome your input.

I do not know what other systems use for site survey tools but Waverider
has an incredible spectrum analyzer tool which develops a spectrum scan
readout of the entire 900 Mhz band. This is a full color chart in PDF
format created in the CCU itself.  It works fantastic and helps identify
any possible interference right away. I am very satisfied with the
Waverider systems we have in place. We currently are running 4 towers of
Waverider. Two of them have omni's. One has two sectors and another has
three sectors. We have about 230 Waverider customers online right now.
They are the most reliable wireless systems we have online.
Scriv