-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 7:29 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Satellite Anyone?

It's common outside the US as there are often not good connections to even
the largest cities in many countries.

In the US I've heard of it being done.  Usually the costs are much higher
and the performance lower than lan based systems (for $300 to $400 per month
you can get a 5 year lease on a LOT of high end backhaul gear and cover many
tens of miles).

laters,
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)