For those that are not aware, Level-3 vilolated its inplace agreements, and blocked all peering connections from Cogent communications yesterday (October 5th), and rumor has it that they are also now blocking all Cogent assigned IP ranges, so that routing diverse paths won't be effective.  Not much I can say about peering disputes, but blocking IPs without cause (meaning violation of AUP) is crossing the line, and clearly anti-competitive and a law sute soon to happen.

Level3 VOIP provider just lost our business over this one.  Can't risk using a provider that demonstrates such practices.

If using Level3 for servers, call to complain, because otherwise you are going to have lots of unsatisfied customers that can't get to the servers that reside on the Cogent network.  Level 3 is doing the blocking.

For those of you using Level3 and looking to become multi-homed, nows the chance to save.  Cogent is offering FREE one years transit service at the same capacity as the level 3 connection.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband