From: "David E. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Tracking Signal / Noise / Resends / Etc.

rcomroe wrote:

> On another part of David's reply he comments on interface.InOctets.
>>And don't even get me started on
>>the fact that they don't use the same Enterprise MIBs that pretty much
>>everyone else on the planet uses for 'interface.InOctets' and so on.
> The interfaces MIB is a standard part of the MIB-II set of objects (OIDs)
> which is not part of the manufacturer's "enterprise" proprietary objects.

I don't claim to be an expert on SNMP by any means. I just know that
things like snmpwalk and MRTG's cfgmaker work with basically every network
device I have, except Trango gear, without passing weird command-line
options or going out of my way to install MIB files. If Trango wants to
have their own MIBs for things like RF levels, that's their right (and
since very few things are standardized, it's darn near required). But it'd
be swell if they also exported "standard" stuff too.

If I mis-spoke (mis-typed?) I apologize. Listen to what I mean, not what I
say. :)

David Smith
MVN.net