I think the tradeoff is getting an RMA(warranty) vs fixing it yourself (on your own). It is pretty hard for a manufacturer to accept an RMA on a device that can be opened up and the majority of the guts replaced like that. There is too much room for fraud.

I had about 15 TT EZ Bridges, and they were really bad as far as reliability goes. Probably lost 30% within the first six months. They were also quite a bit more expensive to deploy than the Tranzeos due to the extra labor and parts involved. I like having one radio that you send with and installer and has everything.

Matt Larsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

George wrote:

Matt Larsen - Lists wrote:
  It would be nice to be able to have a  CPE that we could

open up and just replace the guts that have gone bad, but other than that I can't really think of a better way to handle it.

And this is the reason I didn't go back to Tranzeo.

I used them before smart bridges and when it was time to change, not having access to the card was the reason I did not buy Tranzeo.

I have had cards go bad with the TT ez Bridges, but swapping out the card was easy and inexpensive as compared to sending the entire unit back.

George