Bad PCI slot for the NIC?

Corrupt driver for the NIC?

Scott Reed wrote:

I have a customer that has both me and his computer fix-it man stumped. It just won't talk Ethernet. I can hook my laptop to the DLB2300 (Zinwell board) and surf the web just fine. Connect his PC and nothing. Tried a crossover cable between the laptop and his machine. Laptop would not ping the PC, PC could ping the laptop. Fix-it man went out today. Couldn't find it. Swapped the NIC. No go. Ran the Windows net fix stuff. We spent an hour on the phone with him at the site and me at the NOC monitoring the router ARP table, etc. Never saw the PC. Can ping the radio all day long. Finally looked in the log on the 2300 and it shows: eth0 rx error =10. As many as 14 a second. Anyone have any ideas?

Scott Reed
Owner
NewWays
Wireless Networking