If you want a buying club, could I suggest that you organize with one of the existing ones?
Every time another one is set up in this industry, it dilutes the power.
It's a shame the groups can't all work together more, but that is what is. (I have tried to collaborate that effort and I have lost faith and interest - too much self-interest is built-in to each group; ego; and power hungry executives --> Just the things that help the Tele-Barons and MSOs keep us down.

To speak to meeting:
It is a 3 person job. (I just did one solo).
One handles the site and logistics.
One manages vendors and speakers.
One acquires attendees.
The one with vendors is the poor slob with the biggest headache!

If you want to do a combo meeting - like with ISPCON in Baltimore - you save on some logistics and get the benefit of a concentrated effort and marketing. (CISPA and WCA did this in Santa Clara).

Thoughts?

Regards,

Peter
RAD-INFO, Inc.