From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 9:29 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Good Backhaul?

For around $1000 a month I think you can get a 1 gbps wireless link from

Gigabeam, that would work for that distance I think.
Atlas has been working great for us, using 5.3 for that short distance,
you
likely can get the full 54 mbps. We are getting about 36 mbps throughout
for
a 14 mile link we have live. But then again that does not meet the spec
you
are asking for of 50mbps full duplex.
You probably can use one of the Tsunami radios that bond several 5.3
channels, or the YDI ElinkIIs that I think use double channels (FDD).
None
of these will give you the FULL 50 mbps Full duplex you are asking for
though. I think they peak out around 30 mbps full Duplex real
throughput.
Because your range is so close, maybe you should jump up to 23 Ghz?
Although
you probably can't pull that off for 8 grand.