I would second that- you can usually find good quality ( stratex for example ) used backhauls on ebay for around a few grand.

-

Jeff

On Dec 20, 2005, at 3:35 AM, G.Villarini wrote:

John ,

Youre best and cheap option here is a 38 ghz lic. Backhaul. For around $1000 or less you can buy the whole DS3 link with antennas, youll need to buy a pair of DS3 to Ethernet converters if you want Ethernet (around $1500
or less for the pair).  The license lease is around $500 anually....

This will give you a full duplex 45 mbps link with a 1 - 2 ms round trip
delay....

Gino A. Villarini,
Aeronet Wireless Broadband Corp.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.aeronetpr.com
787.767.7466

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:wireless- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:09 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Good Backhaul?

I need some feedback from the collective.  I am looking for a backhaul
radio link for my main tower. 5.8 Ghz is fully utilized at this
location. It is only a 1500 foot shot. I would like at least 50 meg full
or 100 meg half duplex. I would like this solution to be under $8K or
so. 5.3 Ghz is pretty open here. Does a solution exist? I can lay fiber
for about $12K or so. I am considering doing that but I think laying
fiber for my main connection when I am a fixed broadband wireless
provider sends the wrong message to my potential customers when Charter is going all over town selling fiber connections. I welcome your feedback.
Scriv