For ?   Going to Moto ?  Beginning to believe that...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Moldashel
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:04 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Anyone in the NJ area that knows Canopy ?

Serve's ya right!  :-P

-B-

Rick Smith wrote:

>Wanna have lunch ?  I'll take ya on a tour of my network.
>
>I'd like to have someone else come take a look at the stuff I'm pullin my hair
>out on with Canopy.
>
>All I get from Tech Support is "We don't support NLOS at 8 miles"
>
>WELLL...  I can SEE the tower... I've got 99% LOS.... No connection...
>

>For these lists, A little history:
>
>I've got a tower in northern NJ, canopy AP / omni installed at top, 200'.
>Nothing obstructing.  Running on 918mhz.   Veritcal omni
from pac wireless - od9-11.

>Pretty clear survey (very little noise)
>
>At 8 miles out, is my father's house, and a tower we're renting space on soon.
>(Big ole AT&T monster).
>
>I cannot, for the LIFE of me, get a successful connection to either of those
>places, with a canopy SM and 15dbi yagi.   Very little
noise at the SM end, as well.

>I've been around and around with canopy techs, and all they keep claiming is
>"Oh, this is near / non line of sight ?   Forget it.
We're not allowed to waste our time on that because it's not supported"

>I've been a long time Trango user, and a connection like this in Trango
>experience is a SLAM dunk.    When saying that to canopy
techs, I get "we're not allowed to comment on third party gear" and I reply
"I'm not asking you to, I'm asking you to explain why
CANOPY gear sucks this bad!"  hehe.

>Is trango just that much better at dealing with fresnel incursion, or trees,
>or whatever ?   When canopy techs are asked why I
can't get a connection at 8 miles through 2 saplings, they say because NLOS
situations are test and see situations.  Some will work
and some won't.  OK, I can see that... But which WILL if these don't?

>Anyhow, just wonderin if there's someone with canopy experience in my area
>that I could buy lunch / dinner...

Bob Moldashel
Lakeland Communications, Inc.
Broadband Deployment Group