To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Good Backhaul?

I do not believe you laying fiber is at all a bad sign to your customers.
You have been on the cutting edge of technology with wireless, why would you not do the fiber to continue on with your cutting edge technology deployment.

It almost sounds like you believe wireless is better than fiber, but we all know fiber/wireless is the end game.

If you are fiber and wireless, you are the cutting edge leader.

My opinion.

George

John Scrivner wrote:
I need some feedback from the collective. I am looking for a backhaul radio link for my main tower. 5.8 Ghz is fully utilized at this location. It is only a 1500 foot shot. I would like at least 50 meg full or 100 meg half duplex. I would like this solution to be under $8K or so. 5.3 Ghz is pretty open here. Does a solution exist? I can lay fiber for about $12K or so. I am considering doing that but I think laying fiber for my main connection when I am a fixed broadband wireless provider sends the wrong message to my potential customers when Charter is going all over town selling fiber connections. I welcome your feedback.
Scriv