Anybody know what the Ofcom rules are in the UK for similar?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Stroh
Sent: 28 December 2005 14:30
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Re: 70/80/90 GHz licensed, 60 GHz license-exempt

In the US, 70, 80, and 90 GHz are "licensed lite"; you do have to
register them. Apologies for envisioning the delicious irony of the
database being swamped with trying to track and coordinate 300' links.
Not to mention that, if memory serves, there's a fee to register each
one of those links.

57-64 GHz, on the other hand, is license-exempt.

Thanks,

Steve

On Dec 27, 2005, at 18:34, John Scrivner wrote:

> The day is going to happen in the "not so distant" future when there
> will be CMOS based 70 to 90 Ghz radios the size of a pack of smokes.
> These will only effectively send data about a few hundred feet. These
> radios will do over 1 Gbps from day one. The idea is to run them back
> to back from street light pole to pole and have WiMAX, Wifi, 802.11a
> (insert your favorite client platform radio here) as the client access
> device to serve a few homes or businesses around the poles.. This
> gives us a platform for broadband, telephone and cable television all
> over wireless. This is not a pipe dream. I am about 2 weeks from
> having my first pole agreement signed. It is going to happen.
>
> The 70 Ghz gear is not going to be a long haul solution. It is going
> to be a real nice high throughput short haul solution to compete for
> triple play in cities and even smaller towns eventually. I plan to
> help prove this as a viable broadband platform in my own community.
> Now I just wish my friends at Intel would hurry up the development of
> those CMOS radios! They have all the patents and prototypes today.
> Bring on the GigE through the air!
> :-)
> Scriv

---