To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Redundant Backhaul Links

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Scott Reed wrote:

In looking at that and some other things, I realize I really should
plan for redundant links to the POPs from the NOC. I want to plan
to have it so that if the primary link goes down, another like will
take over. Probably looking at OSPF routing. That brings up the
questions. Do I need to eventually have a link from every POP to
all other POPs it can see, or do I just plan for one backup for
each POP, or somewhere in between? Is there a better way than OSPF
for doing this?

OSPF is certainly the best bet for this scenario.  With OSPF, you
will have the self-healing you are looking for.  You don't HAVE to
have a redundant path to every pop, but doing so would obviously
give you a more resiliant network. I sent you an email offlist as
well.

--
Butch Evans
BPS Networks  http://www.bpsnetworks.com/