From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Butch Evans
Sent: Sat 12/31/2005 6:52 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Redundant Backhaul Links

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Scott Reed wrote:

>In looking at that and some other things, I realize I really should
>plan for redundant links to the POPs from the NOC.  I want to plan
>to have it so that if the primary link goes down, another like will
>take over.  Probably looking at OSPF routing.  That brings up the
>questions.  Do I need to eventually have a link from every POP to
>all other POPs it can see, or do I just plan for one backup for
>each POP, or somewhere in between?  Is there a better way than OSPF
>for doing this?

OSPF is certainly the best bet for this scenario.  With OSPF, you
will have the self-healing you are looking for.  You don't HAVE to
have a redundant path to every pop, but doing so would obviously
give you a more resiliant network. I sent you an email offlist as
well.

--
Butch Evans
BPS Networks  http://www.bpsnetworks.com/