From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:02 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] 5.8Ghz Multi-point radios

We are looking to start deploying 5.8Ghz multi-point radios at some of our sites. I am hoping some folks on this list can share experiences and ideas on what radios might meet our needs. We have experimented with Canopy and Trango, but would really like some better choices. From a specification standpoint, Canopy general meets our needs, but we don't like being constrained on the antenna. We would like to use sectors bigger than 60 degrees and we would like to use horizontal polarization. We don't want to use Trango for no other reason than they can't work with distributors. We really like the flexibility on many 802.11a-based radios and certainly the price, but the contention aspects of the protocol and the perception of Wi-Fi being a consumer grade technology stop us from going that route.

Any thoughts from the list?

-Matt