So if I read this correctly, I guess you drive a VW bug.  (I hope that got a
big laugh after your rant)

I think the point was made in an earlier email that quality and performance
go hand in hand but don't take my word on it, This is an excellent project
for Charles to do in the next WINOG that I plan to attend.

While pure gain is a small part of the equation, how clean the frequency is
received is another, What about Front to back ratio's? I have two Spectra
radio's collocated on the same tower on the same freq at the same height on
some 3 foot dishes.  (Ok they are 20 feet apart! But horizontal not
vertical).  But Spectra/Moto300's are super sensitive so they hear a lot
more than the standard 802.11a radio.

You really can see dish quality with the Orthogon/moto radio's because they
give you so much information on how the signal is received over a generic
RSSI or DBM level.  Charles are you listening?  A lot of value can be taken
from this rant.

Lastly since you are really broaching a few different subjects, if you want
to talk about value of your services and time we should start another
thread. It's disturbing that you take offense when someone makes a profit
for building a better product. At a time when ISP's should be going wireless
or deploying their own network why do you want to compete with the LEC?

Tom, I'll buy you a beer at ISPCON - I love productive threads.

Dustin Jurman
President
Rapid Systems Corporation
1211 N. Westshore Blvd