There are a couple reasons- The cable run is @ 57 meters max, 40 meters
with some really creative rope work.  Rural, rolling terrain, much
trees.  By the time you add the cable, la, filter, pigtail etc., I think
I need to make up as much loss as I can on the gain side.  We never
mount BS radios on towers anymore- don't like the exposure of waiting
around for ice to thaw, need for multiple people to climb/watch to
trouble shoot etc. Can you tell me what you mean by the pattern
shrinking to paper thin?  Of the 3 manufactures of H-pol omnis I looked
at, the vertical beamwidths run from 9.5-18 degrees.  If ground level is
915' and antenna is 120' AGL, then wont the beam be mighty wide by the
time it gets to horizon?
I could be completely ignorant here......

chris

Why go higher then 9db? The pattern will shrink to paper thin
figuratively speaking. We have waaaaaaaay better luck with 9db or less
at 900mhz.

Barry

cic> Anybody know where i can find an H-pol 900 mhz omni w/ higer gain
than 9Db?
cic> thanks,
cic> chris

--
Best regards,
 Barry                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.