huh?  I appologize if this was in-jest and I didn't recognize it.

You apply a potential when you connect something (a voltage).  You don't
apply a current.

Neither voltage nor current kill most things.  There are a few kinds of
things that are voltage sensitive but not typically found on the input of a
commercial device.  Power kills most things through direct conversion to
heat.

There's so many different powering circuits that's is just not possible to
draw any across the board generalities.  Some things have AC supplies and
generate DC, some take DC and run through a regulator, some take DC and run
it into an inverter and then generate their own DC.

Depends on the radio and the powering circuitry.  I know what's in the
Motorola, and they have an inverter and regenerate their own DC.   If you
check the specs for some brand radio, if you see a voltage spec with a
"range" of voltage (say 12v to 24v) its probably running an onboard
inverter.  These are pretty hardy (they naturally support a wide range of
applied voltage).

On the other hand, a radio with a voltage spec without a range may only have
an onboard regulator, and these may be popped by overvoltage.  Simple
onboard regulators drop the input voltage down to whatever the board wants,
and the dropped voltage x the radio current is power that is dissipated to
heat in the regulator.

Rich